Mâäk Quintet 2.020
This year the quintet around Laurent Blondiau will once again pull out all the stops. They are preparing for a whole series of concerts in Belgium and abroad. During Brussels Jazz Weekend, they will invite Laïla Amezian, Zouratié Koné and Imane Guemssy with MetX and play for the Journée des Lundis d’Hortense on the Grand Place. And in June they host a brass battle for Fête de la Musique.
Even with more than 20 years on the counter, the music of the Mâäk Quintet remains wonderfully unpredictable. On the street or in a concert hall, the musicians are constantly trying out new sounds, rhythms and harmonies. But they also create space for experiments with and for other musicians from both the professional scenes and local artistic projects.
Not to be missed in 2020:
- – 29/02 Appeltuin Jazz – Leuven
- – 10/03 + Bakanaï @ Théâtre Poème – Saint-Gilles
- – 07/04 Jazzdor – Strasbourg (FRA)
- – 29/05 L’An Vert – Liège
- – 30/05 Mâäk Quintet invites friends @ Brussels Jazz Weekend
- – 31/05 La Journée des Lundis d’Hortense @ Brussels Jazz Weekend
- – 21/06 Fête de la Musique dans les Marolles
- – 26-27/06 Jazzpote Festival – Thionville (FRA)
- – 14-20/09 Jazz au Chellah Rabat (MAR)
Created more than 20 years ago as a fascinating jazz ensemble. Today it has grown into a multifaceted collective with international branches. Eternal adventurers Laurent Blondiau, Jeroen Van Herzeele and Michel Massot + young dogs Samuel Ber and Grégoire Tirtiaux form one of the most avant-garde jazz formations in Belgium. On the following link you will find more about 20 years of Mâäk.