Let’s Make Moving Music! Workshops music & dance + pop-up parade @ AB Summer Terrace 25/08 - 11/08/2022
On August 25, our musicians will take you on a journey in their unique universe of whipping (brass) wind instruments, (West) African rhythms, urban dance moves and pop-up parades. Want to create on-the-spot rhythms or choreographies with them? Join us from 14:30 to 20:00 in Gare Maritime for music and dance workshops followed by a collective final performance!
At MetX, we like to experiment with improvised musical performances accessible to all. Our goal? Gathering a large group of musicians (amateur and pro) to play together with minimal preparation, preferably in the public space! We will test it LIVE for the first time during the AB Summer Terrace on August 25 in Gare Maritime.
14:30 – 16:00 Workshops on different aspects of spontaneous musical performances:
1) Percussion & polyrhythmics from Benin – feat. Jean Gnonlonfoun & Veronica Campos
2) Rhythmics & improvisation for brass & wind instrument players – feat. Luc Mishalle, Joris De Beer & Alvaro Baro
3) Gnawa music – feat. Mohamed Saïd Akasri & Driss Filali
4) Dance – feat. Greg Lox & Carlo
16:00 – 16:30 Coffee & tea break
16:30 – 17:30 Collective rehearsal
17:30 – 18:30 Food & drinks for all workshop participants
18:30 – 20:00 Participative parade on the Tour & Taxis site, followed by a collective musical performance inside the Gare Maritime.
Gare Maritime / Tour & Taxis – Rue Picardstraat 11, 1080 Molenbeek
25/08/2022 from 14:30-20:00
Info & registrations via firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Registration is free but implies participating at the workshops AND parade!
- – Percussion: instruments available on spot – wind / brass players: bring your own instrument!
AB Summer Terrace?
From Monday 22 to Friday 26 August, the AB Summer Terrace is the place to be for a sunny atmosphere, good music and a programme packed with fun activities and workshops. As part of the Brussels2030 summer program and in collaboration with Darna & Timiss, the terrace bridges the afternoon gap between the AB summer festivals Boterhammen in de Stad and Feeërieën.